8.13.2010

She's about to POP! baby shower

I had so much fun planning this diaper shower for my best friend Tasha and her second baby. We had the shower a couple of weeks before her due date, so the theme really made sense becuase she was literally about to pop! I searched online for several ideas and when I found this one, I was thrilled. I borrowed many ideas from various sites, but made them all my own. Feel free to use any idea you see, I love to share! Post a comment and let me know what you think!

Most everything at the shower had to do with the word POP! The diaper cake was an exception, but was a cute centerpiece since it was a diaper shower. Some other decorations I used just for a POP of color:)

 

LolliPOP topiary! I used one large bag of Dum-Dum lollipops and cut the stems in half. I stuck them into a 2-tiered topiary stand (with my 40% off coupon from Hobby Lobby). To fill in the gaps, I used the other half of the sucker stems and stuck in squares of tissue paper/colored tulle. I bought the bucket from Target at their Dollar Spot. This cost me less than $20 to make! A great gift and centerpiece!

POPart and the baby's initials (Myla Jane Cooper). These glass jars were from Michaels for a buck a piece. The flowers were on sale and were pretty cheap too! I stuck tulle in the jar and taped coordinating ribbon on the necks of the jars.I painted the initials with the coordinating colors. The POPart was a pic of Tash that I took on our cruise and just changed the color settings and had them printed. I taped them onto a piece of posterboard to make her own piece of artwork!

I made a POPcorn bar including flavors such as parmesean cheese, kettle, butter, and carmel. I used ribbon to accent the containers and spruce it up a little:)


We had a fruit and veggie tray (POP in something healthy!), rice krispie treats (snap, crackle,and POP), POProcks, cheesecake POPs, lolliPOPs, and more.

The guest of honor and myself.


There are several tutorials online on how to make diaper cakes. Instead of decorating it with baby things, I opted to make it look a little more classy and used ribbon, tulle, and tissue paper as accents. I then put large flowers on top as the 'cake topper'.


I made these cheesecake POP's using the recipe from Bakerlla.com. They were yummy, but very messy to make! I stuck them in a bowl with foam on the bottom to keep in place.

Chew some Bubble gum and make it POP!




Close up of diaper cake!

The signs I made and printed!

LolliPOPs!!!


The color scheme included kiwi green, aqua blue, and hot pink! You can change out the colors depending on the sex of the baby. She was having a girl:)



I made these signs and little designs using Microsoft Publisher. I liked the starburst design because it looked like something was popping! (Soda POP, LolliPOP, POProcks, etc.)


Baby Myla Jane! What a beauty! She was born just about two weeks after the shower..good timing:)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

great job!! I'm so glad you were inspired. It all looks wonderful.

Anonymous said...

HI! I am doing the same theme, however I am trying to do the labels and I can't find it on publisher, can you send or advise how you found it. Thanks!

ediapercakes said...

The whole baby shower theme is really cute!

Drew Watts said...

POP- baby shower!! Sounds too much fun for you all ladies. I am in love with the photos and the theme is seriously so much fun. I also would be hosting a baby shower for my sister-in-law and would use the carnival theme for this bash and going to book the prettiest LA venues.

Spam Patrol said...

Drew Watts is a known spammer that is paid to post fake blog comments with links to the company that pays them. The link in the comment above goes to a website that has a team of spammers that post over 100 fake comments per day to blogspot sites with links to their site. These links trick search engines like google into thinking they are more popular so they will be seen more in google search results. They blend the fake comment in so it will look real and not be deleted, but you will notice that neither the comment nor the link they inserted are helpful to your readers, only to their business.

Your blog may be identified as spam if you allow it to be used for comment spam. Please delete the spam comment above or mark it as spam using the instructions here: https://support.google.com/blogger/answer/187141?hl=en

Post a Comment